Explore how AWS helps with compliance and where the lines of responsibility are drawn.
- [Instructor] Depending on your particular industry,…you may be obligated to demonstrate compliance…with any number of regulations regarding data movement…and storage.…A few examples include PCIDSS for the handling…of financial information, HIPAA and HITECH…for health information, and FERPA for the handling…of educational records.…Some IT professionals and even CIOs may fear…that moving data to the cloud may put their ability…to comply with regulations at risk.…If that sounds familiar, fear not.…AWS goes to great lengths to make sure that…whatever your legal requirements, you can work with AWS…to ensure compliance and take advantage…of all the cloud has to offer.…
AWS provides detailed guidance regarding…many different regulatory frameworks.…If we go to aws.amazon.com/compliance,…we can drill down into any number of regulations…and find out more.…For instance, if you scroll down and choose HIPAA,…you will find a landing page dedicated to keeping…HIPAA compliance in AWS.…Pay particular attention to the white papers,…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.