Creating a base for a React app is pretty quick and easy. You can even run it straight after it is created. You need a few specific things for your Amplify configuration including some React related components. Before you start adding features, initialize the app and install the needed components.
- [Instructor] Now that we have everything installed…and configured that we need…we can start developing on our app.…And we're going to start with a React app.…Now don't be scared.…If you're not a web developer it's fine.…I'm not either and even I can do this.…If you are a web developer,…this should be a piece of cake.…Actually it's going to piece of cake no matter what.…But the first thing we need to do…is set up our app.…So I'm at My Desktop…and I'm going to create a directory called Picogram.…The app is going to be something like an Instagram…with pictures, but small maybe…so it's Picogram.…And then we're going to change to that directory.…
Here's where we're going to create the basis…for our React app by typing…npx create react app…and then we give it a name.…I'll name mine Picoweb…and I'll hit Return.…And it's finished.…You notice we got some warnings about…the npm update check failed.…If you want those to run…you can run it as sudo.…If you don't need those permissions…it probably didn't fail.…Okay, so now we have our directory for Picoweb.…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.