Learn about Redshift Spectrum architecture. See the process to extend a Redshift cluster to add Redshift Spectrum query support for files stored in S3.
- [Instructor] So, a new service…that we're going to take a minute…to discuss is something called Redshift Spectrum.…This is interesting in it's implementation.…In the previous movie, we looked at working…with a very large table in our fact table, our load orders.…We had millions of rows in it.…In traditional data warehousing,…in order to make tables of that size more manageable,…they were commonly partitioned or split into smaller tables…which then would have to be rejoined.…Not only is this inefficient,…it also adds to the management overhead.…
So, what Redshift Spectrum does is it allows…for a new kind of partitioning strategy.…Rather than creating separate tables…and keeping the size of the Redshift Cluster so large,…you can now move the archive tables,…or the archive sections of the table,…into the much cheaper, much easier to use S3 blob storage.…So, you can see conceptually you have N number…of Redshift clusters, or you have what's called your warm…or your hot data warehouse data,…your current year, your current three years,…
- Explain the difference between files and databases.
- Identify examples of batching, micro-batching, and streaming.
- Prepare helpful data visualizations with QuickSight.
- Recognize the different types of analytics available in AWS.
- Demonstrate how to set up AWS CLI.
- Describe common analytics architecture patterns.
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Analytics on AWS
2. Analytic Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Analytics
4. Advanced Analytics
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.