Learn the basics of AWS DynamoDB. Explore how to set up and populate a NoSQL table as a service and how it can help you when designing AWS data storage solutions.
- The next structure we're going to…look at is a DynamoDB table.…First, we're going to have to set up the table…by defining the table schema.…And then we're going to perform…the two types of query operations.…There's a scan query that searches the entire table,…and you can filter the results.…And there's a regular query operation that searches…only the primary key, then it uses comparison operators.…So on the Amazon console, we're going to type DynamoDB,…and click the blue button to create a table.…
We're going to give the table a name,…we're going to call it customers.…And we're going to set up a partition key…that is a name with the value…of string, or the type of string.…And I can select binary or number.…Notice it's a subset of types.…A DynamoDB is a NoSQL database or a key value store,…so it has a key, and then a number of associated values.…Another way to think about this is a schema on reed…rather than on write, so you can…write in rows of differing lengths.…
So in other words, a customer can have a name and various…
- Explain the difference between files and databases.
- Identify examples of batching, micro-batching, and streaming.
- Prepare helpful data visualizations with QuickSight.
- Recognize the different types of analytics available in AWS.
- Demonstrate how to set up AWS CLI.
- Describe common analytics architecture patterns.
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Analytics on AWS
2. Analytic Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Analytics
4. Advanced Analytics
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.