Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Purchasing options: Spot and dedicated, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Now let's talk about kind of a bidding game,…if you will, like you're bidding on a particular price.…These are called Spot Instances,…and you can kind of think of this…as like the spot price of gold…or the spot price of something else.…It's an instance that you will bid on…in terms of when it will run.…You'll actually be able to declare…what price you're willing to pay.…And then if the bid is taken,…your instance will come online.…This is so that Amazon could utilize some…of the random unutilized processing capability…within their infrastructure…so that it doesn't just get wasted.…
There's a two-minute warning that you're given…before your instance is terminated.…And really in many cases, that's fine,…especially for projects where it doesn't really matter…if there's an interruption…because you're doing parallel processing…or you've got things like message queuing…or things of that nature…where you can spread the workload across multiple machines,…and that particular workload is really tolerant…to machines crashing or failing and things of that nature.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.