Learn about the approaches to protecting data at-rest and see EMR and S3 data protection approaches.
- [Instructor] And the other aspect of data protection…is data protection strategies for data at rest.…So, where can this data be?…Well, it can be in files.…It could be user data, credentials, keys,…or highly sensitive data.…It could be what I call large files…and we'll see how this relates to Amazon services…as we dig into the services in the next section.…It could be persisted stream data.…Obviously stream data is in transit,…but you can have options in some of the products…to persist the data.…It could be in the format of non-relational data…or relational data.…
So, lots of different kinds of data…that you might be interested in protecting at rest.…And just to get us thinking around scenarios,…this is just some aspects of two different services…so in the top it's elastic map reduce…which is managed Hadoop…and that is a large database…or big data storage system really.…It's not a database.…And in the bottom is S3…which is the blob or object file storage.…So, you can see that we have…a number of different options around here.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.