Learn about approaches to protecting data in-flight and see a VPN scenario.
- [Instructor] An important aspect of…security requirements is around data protection.…And Amazon is very clear in their communication…about their approach to this.…They see it as a shared responsibility.…There is a significant portion…that Amazon is responsible for.…This is noted in the bottom of the diagram…as responsible for security of the cloud.…And it includes aspects like the global infrastructure,…their region's availability zones,…edge locations, the core services such as…compute, storage, database, and networking.…
That those services should be available and secure.…The customer, us, we are responsible…for security in the cloud.…So at the top level, we are…responsible to secure our own data.…We are responsible to secure the platform, applications,…identity, and access management or IM.…We are responsible to secure the operating system,…network, and firewall configuration when we're using…compute based on virtual machines such as EC2,…and to some extent, containers such as Docker.…Now if we use the new types of compute,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.