Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Placement groups, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] One of the challenges we face…when working with virtual machines…is that ever-present risk of having…two virtual machines that are,…effectively they're redundant copies of one another,…having both of those machines end up…on the same piece of physical hardware.…Amazon knows this and they created something known…as placement groups.…Placement groups give us the ability…to designate where the instances will be placed…on physical hardware.…There are two different possibilities here.…
One is referred to as a cluster placement group,…and the other one will be referred to…as a spread placement group.…The cluster placement groups allow you to group…the instances together and say that they need to remain…in the same availability zone…and it's usually because those machines are talking together…and need to be connected at low latency.…So, think about a scenario where you would have…an application server talking to a database server,…you wouldn't necessarily want them to be…put across to availability zones or things of that nature.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.