Learn about outcome-based approaches, including service level agreements.
- [Instructor] I like to say what gets measured matters.…A more sophisticated way to say this…is outcome-based validation.…And this is particularly important…in the area of security and governance.…So from the get-go, you need to understand…and use metrics, monitoring, and management,…the three Ms, if you will.…To that end, I've actually created…another course for LinkedIn Learning…on AWS DevOps for metrics and monitoring.…And if you haven't had the chance to review it…or you're not familiar with the metrics and monitoring tools…in the AWS service catalog,…you might want to stop and take a look at it now.…
Now that being said, we will cover…a couple of the monitoring tools here,…but this is more focused on security and governance…and it has an assumption around your knowledge…of metrics and monitoring.…Optional, but recommended, are SLAs.…So what is an SLA or a service-level agreement?…A service-level agreement is a written document,…it can even be a contract,…between a service provider,…it could internal or external,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.