Learn about approaches to auditing and see AWS security audit checklists.
- [Instructor] In addition to using SLAs,…another approach is to use…outcome-based validation via audits.…Now, these could be security audits, compliance audits,…and they could be done by internal or external auditors…or a combination of both…and Amazon provides some guidance on this.…I'm going to go out and show you a couple of sites…that can be helpful if you're taking these approaches.…So, the first one is here in the Amazon documentation…and it is AWS Security Audit Guidelines.…
And this is really designed for an internal audit…performed by your own team.…If you were to engage with AWS security experts,…they would go beyond what is listed here…based on their experience and your requirements.…This is a baseline.…So, this is a set of practices…that I know I've used with customers…and it's really helped to educate both the customers and me…about security activities that we could be doing…to ensure the security of the running applications.…
So, it's a baseline and I find it to be quite useful.…In conjunction with this,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.