Match business application priorities—such as high availability and performance— to monitoring approaches. Learn what an SLA is and why you should use one when monitoring AWS services.
- [Instructor] When you're working with your team…to determine your monitoring strategy,…I use this as a template for the discussion,…and I call it outcome-based monitoring.…And, these are based on key service tenants.…So, as I've been mentioning,…every group that I've worked with…is always concerned with availability,…so is your application working? Is it up?…That's pretty key and core,…but you might be surprised at how many times…I've seen people actually just assume…someone else is doing this,…so I don't want to skip over the obvious.…
After the first outcome, then the list might vary,…and this is just an example from one customer.…The second outcome they were looking for was performance.…Is it fast?…Now, fast, of course, is relative,…and I'll get into in a minute a way that I use to help teams…to define what fast means across the organization,…'cause this can cause quite a lot of trouble…if you don't closely define it,…because it means one thing to one group,…and a different thing to another.…
The next area to look at for outcome-based monitoring…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.