In this video, learn key factors in the total cost of ownership for solutions built on AWS services.
- [Instructor] As we wind down this cost control course,…I want to share some key tips.…As I've been talking about throughout the course,…but particularly in this last section,…it's really important to consider true cost.…Service cost is a subset of the total cost.…And this is something that I see…with my customers over and over.…I hope I've given you some insight…through sharing some of my real world stories…and some architectures,…and just cost around services…as we've gone through the course.…In addition to understanding true cost,…you want to work directly with your local AWS representatives…to get credits and discounts,…particularly if you've got interesting, novel,…or high volume use cases.…
I've worked with several startups…and really helped them to reduce their costs…just by working together with Amazon.…So reach out and connect…with your local Amazon representative.…You want to consolidate multiple Amazon accounts…if you have, for example, a dev account,…a test account, a prod account,…so that you can get best sustained use discounts.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisions (2017)with David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.