Another great feature of AppSync is the offline capabilities. With this, users can modify data locally as if they were online still. The local copy is updated with any changes even if the changes can't be stored online. Once the user has connectivity again, the updates are sent to AWS through AppSync.
- [Instructor] So now, to test to make sure that our app…is accurately handling data while it's offline,…we're going to run the simulator, simulate being offline,…make some changes, and then go back online.…So, back in Xcode with our project,…I'm going to run the app in the simulator.…I also have the app running in this simulator,…so we can make sure that the updates…happen across the subscription.…So, in the Network Link Conditioner,…I'm going to simulate a hundred percent loss,…so this is simulating being completely offline.…
So, if I make any changes in one instance of the app,…they shouldn't be propagated.…So, I'll put Offline and post this,…and nothing happens.…The way we have the app setup right now,…is it only refreshes if it was successfully sent online.…We could change our code to where it would update anyway…from the cache, but for these purposes this works great,…because we don't see the change.…The other thing I might want to do is say,…delete an entry, and now both those changes…should take effect when we go back online.…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.