In this video, get the next steps to master cost control including white papers and community resources.
- [Lynn] Well, here we are at the end of our tour…of understanding how to properly control AWS costs.…Lots of great information,…and I want to leave you with a couple of next steps.…Because Amazon is updating other service offerings…and reducing costs on a regular basis,…I would advise you to take a look…at their section of their website around Cost Optimization.…And that's where they're going to have notice…of the latest and greatest in terms of cost optimization.…So that's a great place to take a look.…An additional resource that I want to share with you…as we close out this course is to look…at people who are using AWS in really high volumes.…
And many of those people have been recognized…by Amazon as what they call Community Heroes.…So the Community Heroes group is a bunch of people…that Amazon has selected because they're using…AWS Services at a high volume,…and they're communicating best practices…around how to use AWS Services…at conferences and training and that kind of stuff.…I'm happy to say that I'm actually one of 'em,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.