Join Sharif Nijim for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metrics.
- [Sharif] Thanks for watching…Monitoring and Metrics in AWS.…I've really enjoyed being your guide…as we explore the tools and techniques for…cost effective and resource efficient operations in AWS.…I hope you gained a deep appreciation…of the monitoring offerings available…within the AWS ecosystem.…I hope you also realize that as is always the case,…it's not the tools that are important…it's how you use them.…Having a thoughtful, continuously improving…approach to site reliability engineering…is the fist step to designing…a monitoring solution that is right for you.…
Only with a deep understanding…of the systems that you operate…can you identify metrics that are critical to monitor.…At this point, you have the knowledge…to appreciate some of the AWS tools…that are available for monitoring the health of systems.…You understand that SNS is like…the air we breathe for notifications.…It is the bedrock on which AWS alerting is built.…You understand the importance of financial monitoring…and how to configure billing alerts.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.