Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Network address translation (NAT), part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Let's now take a look…at how we can actually access the internet…even from some of those private subnets using…something called Network Address Translation or NAT.…Network Address Translation is a technology…or a technique used because we more or less ran out…of IPv4 addresses on the internet.…And the issue is that in order for enough addresses…to work around the entire world, there had to be…a set of ranges or a set of address ranges…that were going to be designated for internal use only.…
And in RFC 1918 which is one of the internet…documentation pieces, there's a set of addresses…that are designated for this purpose.…The problem is that most companies use IPs…within this range because they're freely available to use,…but they can't be used on the internet.…So in order to accomplish the goal of getting…onto the internet, we had to do something…like translate the address.…Network Address Translation is used…by most routers and firewalls in order…to swap out addresses.…
Traffic moving through the router…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.