Discover what NAT services are required at AWS.
- [Instructor] NAT services at AWS perform … a specific service, it's a protected update path … for instances hosted on private subnets. … So the NAT service needs internet access, … the instances get protected. … So when we look at some NAT design principles, … we've got a VPC, we've got subnets. … Note that the NAT gateways are in the public subnet. … They have to talk to the public device, … the internet gateway. … The NAT gateway services also need public IP addresses … in order to be able to communicate … with the internet gateway. … The instances that need updates … will be the database instances … and the instances of the performing web services. … They first turn on their first installed. … There's probably some scripts that need to run … to pull updates down from the internet. … The NAT gateway service is providing that protection … in the public subnet. … At AWS, NAT has a couple of forms. … If you wish, you can use the old school methodology. … You can build your own instance from scratch, …
- Creating a VPC
- Creating subnets
- Default and custom route tables
- IP addressing
- Creating security groups
- Configuring an internet gateway
- Peering VPCs together
- Sharing VPC resources
- Creating flow logs for monitoring
- Controlling access with IAM roles
- Dedicated tenancy
- Using automation for compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know2m 7s
1. VPC Architecture
2. Creating VPCs
3. Creating Subnets
4. IP Addressing
5. VPC Security
6. VPC Public Connectivity
7. VPC Private Connectivity
8. VPC Compliance
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.