Learn how to identify multiple methods for migrating on-premises data from a local data center to the cloud in AWS.
- [Instructor] Unless your organization…is just getting started, you no doubt have lots of data…on premises.…And like many organizations, your data is everywhere.…It's on servers, local file systems, on a range…of file system types and operating systems.…It's on network-attached storage.…It's in relational databases, again,…in many different types.…Oracle, MySQL, Mssql and PostgreS.…Some of it might even be on staff laptops in the form…of text files or CSVs.…When we're ready to move to the Cloud, how do we get…this data to AWS?…We've seen a few ways already.…
You can always upload data to S3 or add records…to Dynamo directly from the AWS GUI, but that's often…the slowest way to do things and certainly…the least automated.…And recall that if you're using AWS Direct Connect,…you can transfer data quickly over the Direct Connect pipe…to an EFS file system via an NFS mount.…But there's more, of course.…In this chapter we'll explore some of your other options.…For instance, command-line interfaces for services like S3…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.