Understand the development of monitoring plans based off of business priorities. Review AWS best practices for monitoring plans using the EC2 service.
- [Instructor] You know, it's interesting to look at…Amazon's own guidance for monitoring.…Here I am looking at the guidance for monitoring EC2…and really a lot of it applies not only to EC2…but to monitoring entire applications.…And I've tried to give you a look at…and a feel for all the tools you have…to use in this task.…So you can see they say that you should create…a monitoring plan that should include what are your goals…for monitoring.…What resources will you monitor?…How often will you monitor these resources?…What monitoring tools will you use?…Who will perform the monitoring tasks?…And who should be notified when something goes wrong?…And they go on to say,…"After you've defined your monitoring goals,…"and you've created your plan,…"the next step is to establish a baseline…"for normal," in this case, EC2 performance…in your environment.…
Now, I challenge you to start with EC2 if you're using that…or whatever type of compute service you're using…whether it's docker on Elastic Container Service…or Elastic Bean stock…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.