See the S3 monitoring and logging tools available in the recently redesigned S3 console. Tools include viewing bucket properties (versioning, logging), as well working with newly included metrics, such as bucket inventories.
- [Instructor] So now that we have a bucket in S3,…we could start looking at monitoring and logging the console…but we wouldn't see much 'cause there's no files in it.…So let's upload some files quickly.…Click on Upload, click on Add Files,…select the files in the Exercise folder.…They're just sample files.…You could put anything up there.…Click Open, and click Next.…We're going to just accept the defaults here…in terms of the permissions, and let's take a minute…to look at the Storage class.…You can see by default it's Standard,…and we also have Standard-IA or Reduced redundancy.…
This does impact your costs,…but notice Standard is by default.…Also we have Encryption which is going to affect…the security of these files.…We have None selected by default.…I'm going to click Next, and it shows me that I have…no encryption and a standard storage class,…and I'm going to click Upload.…The files are now uploaded.…Now what can I see in the console as it relates…to these files and how can this relate to monitoring needs…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.