See the RDS monitoring and logging tools available in the RDS console. Tools include viewing RDS cluster setup including security group information. Metrics include resource usage for the RDS cluster.
- [Instructor] Next step in monitoring, let's spin up an RDS…or Relational Database Service instance via the template.…Let's click the link on the CloudFormation page.…We have four options.…To create an Amazon RDS database instance…with a read replica, we'll click the Launch Stack button.…On the CloudFormation page, we'll scroll down and click Next…to accept this template.…On the Specify Details page, we'll scroll down…and set a database password and a database user.…
We'll click Next.…On the Tags page, we'll click Next.…And we'll click Create.…We'll refresh the CloudFormation Stacks page.…Okay, now our RDS instance has created,…and so let's go over to the console,…and let's scroll down to the database and click on RDS.…And you'll see that we have two DB instances…that were created by our template.…
So inside of here, these are MySQL instances,…and similar to what I advised for EC2,…because this is a managed service running on EC2, of course,…you want to review the expected settings in the console…as a starting point for monitoring to make sure…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.