See the Kinesis monitoring and logging tools available in the Kinesis console. Tools include viewing Kinesis pipeline usage metrics, including shard count, stream reads, and writes per second.
- [Instructor] Next, we'll took at monitoring AWS Kinesis.…As with Lambda this is a newer service…and there's no sample template.…It's pretty quick to spin up in the console.…So, we'll do it over there.…So, I'm going to go over to the console,…I'm going to type in Kinesis,…and if you're not familiar,…this is a stream capability…to pull data into one or more Amazon services.…There's three different types of Kinesis.…There's Firehose where you can stream to S3,…Redshift or Elasticsearch.…
There's Kinesis Analytics…which is SQL analysis over the streaming data,…and then there's just a basis stream.…So, we're going to go to Streams,…and we're going to create a stream.…We'll call it demo-stream,…and Amazon explains to us here in a pretty effective way…that a stream uses shards,…so shards are throughput capacity.…When we are monitoring…we want to monitor for the usage of our Kinesis stream,…and as you can probably figure out,…even if this is new to you,…we want to look at the usage of the shards,…and possibly increase or decrease.…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.