In this video, review architecture decisions related to cost for a basic website.
- [Instructor] So the first scenario that we're going to…think about is which services you may want to use…as part of a marketing website, so a simple website.…It could actually be a static website,…maybe it has a log in in terms of dynamic aspects,…so it might need a database for that,…but something relatively simple.…So I like to break down the services…as I've shown on the left here,…compute, files, data, and other.…I'm trying to keep it to as few categories as possible…which is tricky with so many services…but I think it helps people understand,…and you'll remember I've been saying…throughout this course that if you use…a traditional architecture based on EC2 virtual machines,…I see customers that that's 80% of their bill.…
So that's the first consideration here.…I made the example in the section on services…talking about the Australian census…where something that costs nine million…was replicated in functionality using…the new server list compute architecture for $500,…so there are certain types of cases,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.