Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video Manual dialog delegation and slot elicitation, part of Developing Skills for AWS Alexa.
- [Instructor] Alright, so the next thing that we need to do … in order to do the kind of work we want … and manage this session as closely as we want to do it, … is we need to disable auto delegation. … That great thing that Alexa has been doing … to get the slots for us without our having to do any code, … we actually want to turn it off. … The good news is that it's going to keep working. … All we're going to do is put some code in … that tells Alexa to do auto delegation … and it will continue to work as it has been … but it will give us an opportunity to update the intent … based on resuming from an interruption. … So the first this is to go into the build tab, … go to OrderPizzaIntent, … go to dialogue delegation strategy, … and choose disable auto delegation. … Then you can go ahead and build the model. … Back on the code tab, … we want to head to the OrderPizzaIntent. … At this point if you're like me, … you're wishing that the consol would update a little bit … to show the functions over here on the side. …
- Designing effective voice interactions
- Designing an interaction model
- Building voice interactions
- Building an interaction model
- Alexa response functions
- Skills software development kit (SDK)
- Mapping values
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Design Your Alexa Skill
2. Alexa Skill First Steps
3. Building the Interaction Model
4. Enhancing the Voice Interaction
5. Publishing to the Alexa Skill Store
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.