Learn how to create an account and login as a non-root admin user.
- [Narrator] Now we're logged back in as root,…into our account.…And, I mentioned earlier,…we take a look at the security status.…These are the most significant warnings,…to keeping your account secure,…so you need to pay attention to them.…You can see a couple of the security…items that are checked, we're okay on.…Creating individual IAM users,…rather than everybody using the root account,…which is pretty scary.…But people do it, that's why it's here,…is checked off as green.…And you can see, it tells you what to do there.…Use groups to assign permissions.…We were doing that in previous movies, as well.…
Now, we have a couple items that we need to take a look at.…Apply an IAM password policy.…What this does, is this allows you,…if you're using user logins,…which you probably will be,…to assign a password policy,…as you would with an internal network, here.…And this just allows you to manage that password policy.…So you can set password complexity,…password aging, so on and so forth.…The first two are ones that I see skipped a lot,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.