Testing offline data functionality is not difficult. You need to either remove your data connection—ethernet or wifi—or simulate it. Apple provides a tool for that call the Link Conditioner. You can get to it directly at developer.apple.com/downloads or from an Xcode menu item. Once it is installed you can test.
- [Instructor] One last thing we want to test in our app…is the capabilities of manipulating the data…in an offline mode, so to do that,…we need to simulate being offline.…To do that, we can use the link conditioner.…We have to install that, and to get there,…we open up Xcode, go to the Xcode menu,…and under developer tools, go to More Developer Tools.…That'll take you to a login page…for your Apple developer account.…We want to log in, and then we're going to go to a download page.…This is at developer.apple.com/download/more…and you can do a search for additional.…
Pick the right version for your version of Xcode,…and make sure that the Network Link Conditioner tool…is listed.…We're going to download this,…and once it's downloaded, double-click it to install it.…In the Hardware folder,…we have the Network Link Conditioner preference pane.…Double-click on that, and install it.…Now you have the link conditioner,…and we can simulate losing our data connection.…Next, we'll test actually losing the data connection,…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.