Create a CloudWatch event and corresponding Lambda function.
- [Instructor] With an understanding of what's possible…by combining CloudWatch and Lambda, let's configure…a pair of CloudWatch rules and Lambda functions.…I'll set up the first CloudWatch rule to fire…when an instance starts or stops.…Then I'll set up a second rule to fire on a scheduled basis.…Let's start by taking a look at the Lambda functions…which are in play.…From the CloudWatch dashboard,…I drop down the Services menu…in the upper left corner of the browser…and type lambda into the Search bar.…
Clicking the link brings me to the Lambda Service page.…Here, I see a pair of Step Functions that I've written,…logMinecraftStateChanges and enforceMinecraftHours.…To look at what logMinecraftStateChanges does,…I click on its name.…Here, I can see the pseudo code…with the logic this function should perform.…In order to make this function viable,…I need to convert the pseudo code into working software.…For demonstration purposes, I'm going to leave it as is.…
To link a CloudWatch rule to this function,…I need to get back to the CloudWatch page.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.