- Reviewing Alexa basics
- Setting up your accounts and environment
- Identifying Alexa skills
- Building a custom Alexa skill
- Configuring skill functionality
- Testing skills
- Expanding skills
- Submitting a custom Alexa skill for certification
Skill Level Beginner
- [Lee] Alexa has become a familiar name in many households, and is one of the most popular virtual assistant technologies available today. Using Alexa you can control smart home devices, request news, music, and information, or even order a pizza, all simply by using your voice. Believe it or not, building a basic Alexa skill is not as difficult as you may think. Anyone with an Amazon account and a little knowledge of programming, can create Alexa skills to build new and exciting voice user experiences.
We will explore the vast Alexa ecosystem and take a look at how to plan, decompose, structure and configure a skill in the Amazon Developer portal. Leveraging Amazon Web Services, we'll deploy our skill as a Lambda function. The most exciting part comes when we bring our skill to life and test it out using a browser and then on actual Amazon Echo devices. Hearing your skill working for the first time is a huge thrill. Hi, I'm Lee Assam.
I have a great passion for technology and innovation and I'm a solution architect with over 20 years of development experience. Oh, and one word of warning, you'd better put your headphones on or else existing Alexa devices will be going off like crazy. With that said, I invite you to join me on my LinkedIn Learning course and let's begin building your first Alexa skill.