Note: The topics covered here are important prerequisites for the AWS Certified Developer - Associates exam.
- Evaluating AWS pricing and services
- Setting up security: users, roles, groups, policies, and identity pools
- Developing with the AWS SDK
- Adding storage with S3 and DynamoDB
- Using AWS for messaging
- Deploying to AWS
- Monitoring AWS
Skill Level Beginner
- [Bear] If you're a developer looking to get into AWS, then my friends, this course is for you. There is so much to AWS, and it can be overwhelming and intimidating just knowing where to start. There's so many features like Lambda, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, Cognito, and Step Functions. If that's not scary enough, what about S3, SQS, SNS, IAM, DBC, and EC2? Not to mention all the clouds like CloudFront, CloudFormation, and CloudWatch.
Let's remove the mystery of all these and get comfortable with Amazon Web Services. In this course, we're going to do a survey of many of the key features and services in AWS. In fact, all of the AWS services I just mentioned will be in this course. We'll cover a lot, we'll talk about what they do and then we'll get our hands dirty. But hopefully, our understanding will be clean and clear. I'm Bear Cahill, head binary sequencer at Brainwash Inc., and I'm excited to help you start a master AWS.