Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Launch templates, metadata, and key pairs, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] When you start deploying EC2 instances…and other services within AWS,…you'll notice that there are a lot of parameters that you…need to enter in just to get the instances to launch.…AWS released the ability to create what are called…Launch Templates.…The goal of this is to allow you to store all of those…parameters so that you can more effectively…and easily launch instances.…Things like auto scaling, or firing off spot instances,…or even on-demand instances.…
What we're going to do is keep all the data in one…simple place, and then when you go to deploy…those pieces of information that you provided…will then be used to launch whatever you've selected.…Another big advantage of this aside from…minimizing the amount of time it takes,…it's also going to minimize the risk of human errors.…You know, typos and things of that nature.…There's a component within your instances that provide…you some very, very useful information.…It can be used from a trouble shooting point of view…or even from an automation point of view.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.