While not specifically part of this course, Lambda functions are created as part of the process with Amplify. If nothing else, it shows how much work Amplify is doing for you behind the scenes. It is nice to know that AWS is handling so much for you and in a way that might be more formal than if you had done it yourself.
- [Instructor] One other thing I wanted to point out…was during the creation in the terminal,…we saw a lot of things scroll by like user pool,…cognito, S3.…You might have also seen Lambda.…There are some Lambdas that were created…during this process.…So let's look at Lambda here.…We can see there's two functions created for us.…Now, the Lambda functionality is outside…of the scope of this course, but I did want to point out…that this is another thing that's being created for you…as part of the amplify process.…Notice there's two functions, one related to analytics,…and one related to authorization.…
Let's look at the analytics function.…So we can look at the code and see that it has…different request types for delete, update, and create.…This is what gets hit when we press…our analytics event button.…This Lambda gets fired, and it processes the analytics…and saves them in Pinpoint.…If you want to see how this was managed,…you notice up here it says manage this stack.…It was created as part of this stack.…We can click on that and look at the details…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.