After understanding the EBS concepts, you can begin creating and using EBS volumes. This demonstration shows you how.
- When it comes to creating EBS volumes … it's important to know that things are a little different … than with the other storage solutions in AWS. … The other storage solutions you can kind of go … to services, go to the storage area and get started … but you'll find you'll look everywhere for EBS volumes … in the services listings and you won't see it. … So let's start by figuring out how … to get to it in the first place. … Here we are looking at our AWS services … and as I said, you can see that under Storage … there's nothing here about EBS … and look as you will through all of these different areas … and you're not going to find it. … We have S3, EFS, Glacier Storage Gateway, no EBS. … So wonder where it is? … Well, the answer is it's in EC2 … because remember, EBS volumes are used with EC2 instances. … So we go into the EC2 dashboard or management console … and that's where we can actually set up our EBS volumes. … You'll notice if you look down the list on the side, … we have Elastic Block Store …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- S3 terminology and features
- Creating S3 buckets
- Setting up a Glacier vault
- Creating EBS volumes
- Creating an EFS file system
- Going hands on with FSx file storage
- Monitoring storage security and performance