Review monitoring tools, techniques, and approaches, including additional emphasis on formalizing monitoring via an SLA (service-level agreement).
- [Instructor] So to pull this all together,…to implement successful application…AWS monitoring and logging,…I recommend that you look at…these key business considerations.…Application Availability, and what I mean by that…is what is the business requirement…for the application uptime.…This is usually defined in the number of nines.…So this could be four nines, five nines,…so 99.999 percent uptime, so on and so forth.…And, I recommend that this is written down…and formalized in a service level agreement,…as I talked about in a previous movie.…
That way, the teams have a goal to shoot for,…and they can set up the monitoring to meet that.…Secondarily, Performance is almost always…one of the business goals.…Again, as with Availability, I recommend…that the Performance goals are defined in the SLA.…And those include metrics, such as, time to reach a webpage,…time to complete an order on a website,…and so on and so forth.…The important point, is that the metrics and logging…should be driven based off of the requirements.…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.