In this video, explore Key Management Service (KMS).
- [Instructor] KMS, or Key Management Service,…is one of those services that you won't likely use directly,…but behind the scenes,…it can influence your security choices…in some of the most popular AWS services, like S3 and EVS.…If you have the task of managing encryption…for an AWS environment,…it is in your best interests to use KMS.…In some cases, encryption may…be a compliance requirement for your application,…such as when handling medical records…or credit card information.…
KMS protects your encryption keys,…and therefore protects your encrypted data.…If your data falls in the wrong hands,…everything should be fine, as long as they don't have access…to the encryption keys that were used.…If you need to use your own encryption key,…for compliance reasons,…you can still use KMS, because it supports imported keys.…With that said, we'll do our demo right away,…to help you understand exactly how KMS works.…But please understand that when using this tool,…combined with other AWS services,…you likely won't need to do anything at all,…
- Identity and Access Management security
- S3 security policies, encryption, and version control
- KMS encryption
- User authentication with Cognito
Skill Level Advanced
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
AWS Machine Learning by Examplewith Jonathan Fernandes1h 25m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
2. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
3. Key Management Service (KMS) Encryption
4. User Identities with Cognito and Web
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.