In this video, the instructor discusses facts to remember about KMS.
- [Instructor] Some important things…to remember regarding KMS are…KMS integrates with S3, EVS, Redshift, RDS,…and other services to make it really simple…to manage encryption keys…that you can use in those services.…KMS keys are regional-specific, and they cannot be exported.…In order to delete a key, it needs to be scheduled…with a wait period of no less than seven days.…If you need to, you can import your own keys…and manage them through KMS,…just select your user access keys.…
KMS key rotation is a good practice, and it can be automated…with the enable-key-rotation API call.…All keys have a policy associated…in order to define who can manage the key,…that is, delete it, change it, or disable it,…and who can use the key, as in,…use it to encrypt and decrypt data.…This was a very short lesson,…since you won't likely use this service directly,…but more indirectly with another AWS service.…Just like IAM, this is a service that you need…to be aware of because encryption of data…in the cloud is not only a best practice,…
- Identity and Access Management security
- S3 security policies, encryption, and version control
- KMS encryption
- User authentication with Cognito
Skill Level Advanced
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
AWS Machine Learning by Examplewith Jonathan Fernandes1h 25m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
2. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
3. Key Management Service (KMS) Encryption
4. User Identities with Cognito and Web
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.