In this video, review architecture decisions related to cost for a line-of-business application.
- [Instructor] So, our next scenario…is an internal business application…that you were running on your own infrastructure…or in some hosted data center…and you're going to put it up into the cloud,…or could be a new one.…So, compute, I think we're pretty solid on this,…we've talked about this in two previous movies.…Same concepts, EC2 or Lambda,…same considerations.…Files, S3 or Glacier,…same concepts, same considerations.…Data is where it starts to get interesting…because in the world of data…for internal business applications,…I often find that there's quite a bit more data…to work with once we find all the data.…
So, in addition to figuring out…how we're going to serve up the data,…whether we're going to use a relational store,…such as RDS MySQL or even Aurora,…which goes up to 64 terabytes…if you have that much data,…or something like DynamoDB,…we now might want to layer on…some additional services like caching.…And caching can be implemented as a custom code,…it can be implemented as a server,…like a Redis server,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.