Have you considered how you might integrate storage at your location with AWS storage? This video introduces the AWS features that allow you to integrate storage in this way.
- Well, we've looked at all the different types … of storage you can put inside of the cloud, … but how do we get data from our local network … into the cloud, or maybe even data from the cloud … into our local network? … We need to understand how to integrate … with our on-premises storage. … In other words, we've got stuff that originates locally … and we want to get it into the cloud, … how do we accomplish that? … The answer to that is what's called the storage gateway, … and so the AWS Storage Gateway … is basically a software appliance … that creates the gateway on the customer's location. … Now, let me explain what this software appliance concept is. … What we're really dealing with here is a virtual machine. … So you can run it in either VMware ESX, … or you can run it in Hyper-V, … whichever virtualization solution you have locally. … So if you have Windows servers, … you have the ability to run Hyper-V. … If you have a VMware architecture already in place, … of course you have that. …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- S3 terminology and features
- Creating S3 buckets
- Setting up a Glacier vault
- Creating EBS volumes
- Creating an EFS file system
- Going hands on with FSx file storage
- Monitoring storage security and performance