Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Instance store, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- Another type of storage that's available to us is…the Instance Store. The EC2 Instance Store…is a temporary block-level storage device.…This particular data only exists while the virtual…Instance is actually powered on.…The moment you stop the Instance or it's terminated,…all the data's lost. We say by you or Amazon because…it could happen that there's a host failure or…failure of an entire AZ or other circumstances…that occur that would stop your Instance.…
And in this case, just as if you did it yourself,…the Instance is powered down, all the data in that…Instance Store, is lost. Now the use case for this…is for temporary files. And the reason behind it…is that the storage for the Instance Store is located…on physical disks directly in the host computer of…hypervisor where Instance is running, so it's not…mirrored off to another location, not replicated, which…also means that if your Instance were to fail and it…moves over to another host, that storage didn't move…with it. So don't put things into the Instance Store…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.