Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video Initialize an Elastic Beanstalk application, part of Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioning.
- [Brandon] It's time to actually try out…an application deployment on Elastic Beanstalk.…For this demo I'm at the terminal…and I have a few things installed…that you'll need to have, too,…if you want to follow along.…I have the git command line tools installed…so that I can interact with GitHub.…I have Python 2.7 installed…and pip the Python package manager.…AWS makes available a command line tool…for Elastic Beanstalk called the EB CLI.…When most of the AWS suite or command line tools…are consolidated into what's normally called the AWS CLI,…the Elastic Beanstalk tool set is separate…and must be installed separately.…
We use pip to do that.…Pip install --upgrade…- -user awsebcli.…This command tells pip to install package…called awsebcli.…The upgrade flag tells it to upgrade…any dependencies that it may need to do…and the user flag tells it to install…this package in the user space…rather than globally through the machine.…The Elastic Beanstalk CLI is now installing.…
Now that it's complete,…there's one more step we need to do to make it available.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- Understanding AWS EC2
- Creating an EC2 instance
- Provisioning with CloudFormation
- Architecting apps for horizontal scaling
- Creating an Elastic Beanstalk environment and app
- Using OpsWorks
- Deploying apps with CodeDeploy
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS EC2 Foundations
2. EC2 Creation and Provisioning
Create an EC2 instance13m 24s
3. Deployment Concepts
4. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.