Defining your segments, especially dynamic segments, can be as much art as science. Determining how to engage your audience is a vital process that needs to support your business needs as much as be supported by technical resources. Connecting with one segment via email and another via SMS is possible via segments.
- [Instructor] As we mentioned, … segments are the groups we want to connect with … via email or other communication. … Segments define the subset of your total audience, … which may be your user base or other group of contacts. … Depending on how you want to break up your audience, … you have two types of segments you can create: … imported and dynamic. … Imported segments are created from a file … or files you import into Pinpoint. … This file contains various pieces of data … that identify the segment members, the endpoints. … Think of it as a spreadsheet or text file table … of phone numbers, email addresses, and so on. … It's like a contact list. … When you import the file, a segment of endpoints is created. … If you currently use a database to store your endpoints, … you might be able to export that into a text file … and import it into Pinpoint to create a segment. … On the other hand, … dynamic segments are filtered subsets of other segments. … Dynamic segments start with a base segment …
- Analytics and user engagement
- AWS account and console
- Users, endpoints, and channels
- Imported and dynamic segments
- Creating a Pinpoint project
- Creating a campaign
- Launching a campaign
- Sending messages
- Funnel analytics
- Monitoring and metrics
- Security with IAM
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: Simple Email Service (SES)with Jeremy Villeneuve1h 20m Intermediate
Building Intelligent Chatbots on AWSwith Bear Cahill1h 12m Advanced
1. AWS Pinpoint Overview
2. Segments and Data
3. Engagement Campaigns
4. Analytical Data
5. Technical Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.