How you communicate with a user may be as important of a decision as any other. Some users—frequent mobile app users—might rather receive a push notification and rarely check email. Users who haven't used the app in a while may have deleted it and email is the right way to go. Choosing the route or endpoint is key.
- [Instructor] So we've discussed a lot … of the concepts of segments, but let's start making one. … Let's get our hands dirty, this is where it gets fun. … We're going to make an imported segment. … And for those, we need our data to be defined … in a text file, either CSV, comma-separated values, or JSON. … We're going to use CSV files. … If you have your user data already in a database, … you might be able to export that into a text file … to be imported into Pinpoint. … Now, CSV files are text files and each line represents … an item of data, like a row and a database table. … The first line specifies the column names … or in our case, attributes. … In our previous examples of doing … our company-related segment, we might have things like … the department name, email, and user ID. … But thinking along the lines of Pinpoint and analytics, … we're thinking of endpoints, so we might want things like … smartphone model, GPS coordinates, email address, … push notification preference, that type of thing. …
- Analytics and user engagement
- AWS account and console
- Users, endpoints, and channels
- Imported and dynamic segments
- Creating a Pinpoint project
- Creating a campaign
- Launching a campaign
- Sending messages
- Funnel analytics
- Monitoring and metrics
- Security with IAM
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: Simple Email Service (SES)with Jeremy Villeneuve1h 20m Intermediate
Building Intelligent Chatbots on AWSwith Bear Cahill1h 12m Advanced
1. AWS Pinpoint Overview
2. Segments and Data
3. Engagement Campaigns
4. Analytical Data
5. Technical Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.