This video covers how to establish a VPC peering connection between VPCs in separate AWS accounts.
- [Instructor] To illustrate VPC peering,…I went ahead and created to separate AWS accounts.…Let's go to the AWS console for one of those accounts…to initiate a VPC peering connection.…From the VPC dashboard in my development AWS account,…I select peering connections in the left-hand navigation.…I'm going to create a new peering connection…by clicking the blue create VPC Peering Connection button…at the top of the screen.…This brings up a modal window into which…I need to specify the peering connection details.…
The first thing I specify is the name of the connection.…In this case I'm going to call it dev syd dash research syd.…This tells me that it will connect the Sydney regions…of my development and research accounts.…I then have to pick the local VPC to peer.…As I start typing the name of my VPC,…the VPC ID appears.…I click on it to populate the input box.…The next section asks me to specify…whether or not the VPC exists in my account.…In this case, it doesn't.…
So I click the radial button next to another account.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.