Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video IP subnets, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about the IP…subnets inside of a VPC.…Your servers in AWS are going to…obtain their IP addresses via DHCP.…Now those could be IPv4 or IPv6.…The IP subnet used to gather that address…is going to be inside of one of…the CIDR blocks that you've assigned to your VPCs.…So as we show in our example here…we have a number of subnets inside…of a CIDR block called 10.1.0.0/16.…I have three different subnets inside…of the CIDR block, and though it's not…written explicitly, each one of these…subnets would be able to be assigned…to a specific availability zone.…
And in doing so I can now predict…which availability zone a given server…or instance or other service might be located in.…And the purpose behind this again…is to make sure that we don't accidentally…span availability zones with some of our applications.…You want to replicate your content between…the availability zones but not stretch across them.…And that's again because of the…single point of failure restrictions.…Inside of an availability zone…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.