Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video IP route tables, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Traffic flow within AWS,…at least within the VPCs, is actually controlled by…route tables.…This might be a little bit different…than what you're expecting…if you're into the networking field.…Let me explain.…The route tables within the VPC can actually be customized.…You get one main route table when you build your VPC…but oftentimes we find that it's a lot easier…simply to create new ones…based on how you want the traffic to flow.…
Each subnet in a VPC must be associated…with one and really only one route table.…The behavior of this is that…you're going to create these route tables…that direct traffic to different locations,…and if the instance, for example, an EC2 instance,…is located in a subnet,…the subnet has an associated route table.…Now that route table will then decide…where the traffic from any of those instances…would actually get redirected,…whether it's going to go to the internet,…whether it's going to go to another VPC potentially,…or maybe it goes out to a VPM connection.…
Whatever the case, that's actually controlled…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.