This video covers how to create a VPC from scratch.
- [Instructor] The VPC creation wizards…that AWS provides via the web console…give you a leg up when setting up your network in the cloud.…That said, I think it's a great idea…to have a deeper understanding…of what's going on before relying on the wizards.…This is especially true when creating infrastructure…for the first time.…Let's go ahead and handcraft a VPC from scratch…to cement that knowledge.…Let's take a high-level look…at the overall network design I'm about to build.…I need to build a network…that supports a public web application…which uses S3 for storing static assets.…
This application consists of public web servers,…private application servers,…and a relational database services, or RDS, database.…To do so, I will build a VPC containing two subnets.…The first will be my public subnet.…This subnet will contain my EC2 web servers.…I will create an internet gateway…so that my web servers can get to the internet.…I will then edit the route table,…so that the traffic from my web servers gets routed…to the internet gateway and out to the internet.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.