Creating a GraphQL using Amplify and AppSync is very easy. The command-line interface walks you through the decisions that need to be made. It even gives you an example item to edit based on your questions. Once the schema is created, Amplify even generates the needed code to use in your app for the data.
- [Instructor] So now we have our iOS app,…and our React app handling user account management.…In our React app we also added analytics.…Our iOS app is configured for that,…but we're not using it, and now we're going to add…to our iOS app the online capability to store data.…We're not going to do it back on the React app.…We're just going to focus on iOS…and the concepts within Amplify.…So to add this the first thing we need to do is add an API…and we'll do that in the terminal with Amplify.…In the terminal I'm going to go to my project directory…there I am.…
And now I'm going to add an API.…So I'm going to type Amplify add API,…again we can see the categories if we just type Amplify…and there's API.…Or I could type Amplify API add,…and it's going to ask us what kind of an API we want to add.…We have GraphQL or REST,…now I love the REST API functionality in AWS,…I've worked on another course for API Gateway.…
I think it's very powerful for calling Lambdas…working with DynamoDB and S3 Bucket Files.…However with Amplify I feel like when you create…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.