In this video, learn how to build your first serverless framework project with AWS, and how to create your first API Gateway and AWS Lambda and deploy it to the cloud.
- [Instructor] In this video, we will get started … with the project. … We are going to start with the base … of the project and then create our first AWS lambda … and API gateway and we will deploy it to the cloud. … First, we are going to create a serverless framework project … that will serve as the base of our whole project. … Then, we are going to create a simple lambda … that will execute when a message comes to an endpoint. … To create the endpoint, we are going to use API gateway. … Finally, we are going to deploy into our AWS account. … We are going to get started with … the first step in our flow. … This is a simple diagram of what we are going … to build in this video. … We will have an endpoint with a method POST … and the path order. … When we send a message there, it will call an API gateway … and that API gateway will trigger a AWS lambda. … From now, there won't be business logic in that lambda. … So, let's go to the code. … So let's get started with base of our project. …
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
- Why infrastructure as code is so important
- Creating an order
- Setting up DynamoDB
- Saving into a DynamoDB table
- Using AWS SDK
- Sending a message to the stream
- Deploying and testing an application
- Cleaning up an AWS environment
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: AWS AppSync with GraphQLwith Bear Cahill1h 25m Intermediate
Introduction to AWS DeepLenswith Jonathan Fernandes33m 50s Intermediate
What you should know1m 27s
1. Get Started with Serverless
2. Get Started with Kinesis
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.