Learn how to use the AWS Trusted Advisor. With recommendations for cost optimization, performance, fault tolerance, and security, gain an understanding of the differences in what Trusted Advisor provides between free and paid AWS support plans. This video also looks into the security recommendations section.
- [Voiceover] AWS has built a tool called Trusted Advisor…into the web console to help you operate your AWS account…as efficiently as possible.…Let's explore what Trusted Advisor can do for you…and look deeply into its security recommendations.…Trusted Advisor is available for free in every AWS account.…With business-level paid support,…Trusted Advisor offers comprehensive…best practices checks against your account.…Without a paid support plan,…the checks are less complete.…Currently, Trusted Advisor offers insights…into four major categories.…
Cost optimization, performance,…fault tolerance, and security.…Let's explore the cost optimization portion of…Trusted Advisor.…At the free tier, no cost optimization checks are included.…With a paid plan, the cost optimization section…looks for AWS compute and network resources in…your account that aren't being heavily used.…For example, suppose there is an EC2 instance…in your account with consistently low CPU utilization.…Trusted Advisor would flag that instance for your review…
Sharif Nijim couples pragmatic advice with practical examples that educate IT pros on how to create a secure infrastructure within Amazon Web Services. Sharif explores the shared responsibility model of security, which splits duties between your company and AWS, and introduces key identity and access management concepts, including users, groups, roles, and policies. Learn how to configure Identity and Access Manager (IAM) and Simple Storage Service (S3) access management, including policies and access control lists. At the end of the course, Sharif helps you prepare for the inevitable audit of your AWS account(s).
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- The AWS shared responsibility model and security landscape
- Enabling CloudTrail
- Configuring AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Configuring IAM users, groups, and policies
- Granting temporary access
- Controlling access to Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Preparing for security audits
- Getting audit help from Trusted Advisor