Learn which AWS services match to which type, or types, of information storage needs. Files, streams, relational data, and non-relational data are paired to best-fit AWS services.
- [Instructor] The first consideration when we're trying to…figure out which type of AWS services to use…for analytic solution is to consider data structures.…From a high level, there's really two pivots to think about.…The first is files and the second is databases.…Files can be seen as three different types.…The first type is raw file storage,…or sometimes called hot file storage,…meaning files that are going to be accessed quite frequently,…both for reading and possibly for writing.…
A new type of file storage is called a data lake.…We'll be taking a very close look in this course…at some of the new solutions that are available…on the AWS ecosystem for providing analytics…on a data lake.…We'll look at the difference between…raw file storage and data lake.…They're different types of services that you use.…A third type of file storage is archival.…This is used mostly not for analytical solutions.…This is used more for regulatory compliance.…
This is when, for some regulation,…for example, HIPAA is one that I work with,…
- Explain the difference between files and databases.
- Identify examples of batching, micro-batching, and streaming.
- Prepare helpful data visualizations with QuickSight.
- Recognize the different types of analytics available in AWS.
- Demonstrate how to set up AWS CLI.
- Describe common analytics architecture patterns.
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Analytics on AWS
2. Analytic Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Analytics
4. Advanced Analytics
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.