Storing files online is not difficult once Amplify sets up the configuration. Again, the app needs some CocoaPods for the frameworks. Once those are installed the app can use the AWS S3 Transfer Utility classes to upload and download files. The files are stored in the S3 bucket created for you by Amplify.
- [Instructor] So we're all ready to start uploading files…so let's do this, first thing we should probably do…is on line 17 give this thing an image name.…So I'm going to change the decoration to assign it to a string.…So I'm going to type an empty string…with two string interpolated expressions in it.…The first one's going to be…AWSMobileClient.sharedInstance.username…and I'm going to force unwrap that.…I'll also copy that and make that the username value…just above it on line 16.…The second string interpolated value for the image name…is going to be the date open, close peran….timeIntervalSince1970, so that will be a unique name…and then finally on line 15 for the ID I'm going to always…set that to a UUID open, close peran .uuidString.…
So now the only thing we ever need to set on this…is the image so let's go to insertNewObject…where we set those and change the code.…We can just delete these two lines on 205 and 206.…We just have to set the image at this point.…So now, one we've stored the item online,…we want to upload the file.…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.